Thursday, April 11, 2013

spring chicken



After awhile I just have to go outside. Sometimes I feel like a chicken sitting on my eggs in my little coop, and I can't move or else the things under my supervision will explode. In other words, I wish I could spend 75% of my entire life outdoors. Funny, because about 85% of my life is spent indoors. I wish for spring 75% of the year, fading into a few weeks of fall and then a few weeks of winter. I wish for the immediate peace you feel when the sun smooths out the goosebumps on your arms. I wish to be a free range chicken, doing all of my duties in the comfort of a big yard. Spring makes me want to slip into a pair of shorts, go outside and garden (you know...in my concrete back yard), drink lemonade diluted with water, ride a horse as fast as I can (this isn't just a fantasy...I once had a horse and could do this), ride my bike for miles and miles and miles, get sweaty and gross, eat tomatoes right off a nearby vine like an apple, hike someplace a lot of people don't frequent on Saturdays, listen to embarrassing music very loud with my car windows down, drink iced coffee, spin around in circles in a meadow with "lucy in the sky with diamonds" playing in the background like in my own movie, and eventually go to bed exhausted with Philip and Mina snuggled very close by.

Happy April 11th, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment