Saturday, February 13, 2010

where will you go to, my lovely?

I haven't written in a week, mostly because my life is becoming more settled and the more settled it becomes, the more uninteresting my blogs seem like they would become. But after a week, I'm sure I have something good to talk about. My travel plans are coming along for the month-long spring break we have (March 20-April 18). The plans been put on hold, though, because our little travel bug, Melanie, has galavanted off to Amsterdam for the weekend. However, for right now, our tentative plans (me, melanie, and Lindsey) are to start by flying to Barcelona. From there, we go to germany (we are waiting to see if we would have someone to stay with before we decide which cities there we'll see), then to vienna, austria (to dance and sing "do re mi" by the fountains like this little friend here):



...from there, we shall go to Prague, then to Switzerland (i'm thinking geneva and interlaken), then to Rome. From Rome, we'll work our way up to Florence, Pisa, and finally Venice. After venice, for that last week, Melanie and Lindsey will be going to Greece, and I will either be going to South Africa to see Philip (i'm trying to find cheap plane tickets), or to Scotland to spend the week with my friend Rhona. Before that little adventure, next weekend, Melanie, Lindsey, me, my friend Hope, and 3 of Hope's room mates are going to Belfast to stay and then visit The Giants Causeway (http://goireland.about.com/od/countyantrim/ig/Giant-s-Causeway-Images/). We get to stay part of the time with one of Hope's room mate's parent's time shares. we get free breakfast. yay, i love breakfast. I really do. I love getting up early and having breakfast. I should probably do that more...

Then March 13-16, me and Lindsey are going to Paris for the weekend and hopefully Normandy for one day. Those are the trips planned so far. Other than that, I am very much hoping to go to Oxford, London, Cambridge, Stonehenge, and Stratford-upon-avon. We'll see when we can fit those trips in. Also at some point, Swansea does a program where they send students to stay with a host family wherever I want to go in the UK for a weekend. I signed up for that, so hopefully they will place me someplace great.

On another note...I was sitting at the University yesterday, waiting for the bus, and decided to people watch. I actually ended up bird watching mostly. Sea gulls are surprisingly large and personal. They're about the size of a medium-sized cat. They walk along the sidewalks with the rest of us; they even walk up and down steps. I think if I had wings, I would be more inclined to use them as often as possible. I very much have an urge to sneak up behind one of these said birds and whisk him up in one feathery squawking swoop. Mostly just to say I did and not so much to make a fowl companion :) I dont understand how seagulls stand up. Or any bird for that matter. They walk around on such spindly legs. Easily breakable. Its also funny how seagulls have webbed feet. Like ducks. Unfortunately, their beaks are not as charming. I think if a duck came up to me and I was in a bad mood, I would melt with one quack. They kill me.

2 comments:

  1. oh my...breakfast!? that's saying a lot, don't you think????? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...since when do you like to get up early to do...ANYTHING?!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete