Saturday, September 21, 2013

as summer ends...

The past few weeks have been lonely. Not in an "awwwww" sort of way. It's creates a time of some reflection and lots of thinking. It also allows for enjoyment of simple things like pulling out sweatshirts again, the last few fresh tomatoes of summer, watching my broccoli babies become adolescents, cooler mornings, having options for what to do with my weekend afternoons but feeling very little pressure to start the day before I really want to. As I wait for my husband to come home from school, work, or DC Habitat, I get a chance to consider the following things:
  • cooking full meals can be over rated.
  • it makes so much more sense to get almost everything you own at yard sales
  • if I had a bottomless supply of underwear, I might be completely happy.
  • I will miss summer, but sights like these at the grocery store are still heart warming:

  • seeing people you know around town is way more exciting when you live in a big city.
  • these can make your whole day if you don't mind spending the money.
  • so can this:



Finally, in my lonely moments, I go to my therapist Louis CK and find wisdom in his thoughts. Pardon his language. I can't decide if the things he says make him a therapist or just indicate that he probably goes to therapy. Regardless, watch it - I know you'll love it! (movie line, anyone? Hint:)

No comments:

Post a Comment